And what’s more, they all work the same way: by limiting calories.
The only factor that actually contributes to whether or not you lose fat is if you’re in a calorie deficit.
There are a ton of ways you can make this work in your life, but actually it all comes down to 3 things:
- You eat fewer calories than you expend. You diet.
- You expend more calories than you eat. You exercise.
- A combination of these things. Through diet & exercise.
That’s it. Astonishing, isn’t it?
Regardless of which diet you choose to use, that’s how it works. That’s their magic formula: calorie restriction.
They might restrict your calories in different ways though:
- By limiting what sorts of foods you can choose to eat.
- By limiting what times of the day you can eat.
- By limiting how much food you can eat.
- By limiting choices about what you eat by making choices for you.
I made an infographic to help clarify this.
If you found this useful, just leave me a comment to let me know that you liked it. Or better still, stick your best e-mail in the box below to jump on the mailing list to get exclusive offers, first looks at new launches and much more!